Terms & Conditions
Sheffield Solid Surfaces Limited – Standard Terms and Conditions
Sheffield Solid Surfaces Limited Standard Terms and Conditions cover all transactions.
The purpose is to protect both parties, to encourage fair trade and overcome misunderstandings.
If you have any further questions please call us on 0114 2436568 or email us at email@example.com we are only too happy to help.
Sheffield Solid Surfaces would like to thank you for your custom.
Quotations given are subject to change. The final price of the goods quoted is based upon the information provided by the customer, and is subject to any changes up to and including templating. Sheffield Solid Surfaces will inform and discuss with customers any changes to cost that may arise before accepting any order, and proceeding with any work.
No persons within Sheffield Solid Surfaces shall have authority to enlarge, vary or exclude any of these conditions. Any purported enlargement, variation or exclusion thereof shall be without effect unless specifically agreed to in writing by Sheffield Solid Surfaces and the customer.
Templating Corian, Quartz and Granite fabrication is not an exact science and slight tolerances in both overhangs and thickness may be observed.
Sheffield Solid Surfaces will endeavour to the best of their ability to keep these tolerances to a minimum, an industry standard 2 – 5mm tolerance is allowed for each measurement. Templating, installation and completion dates mentioned are approximate only and not of any contractual effect. Sheffield Solid Surfaces shall not be under any liability to the customer in
respect of any failure to deliver or complete on any particular date or dates.
Specific conditions apply to the following and are covered in more detail:
- Products and Materials installed
- Confirmation of Orders, Payments and Charges
We insist that you, or a trusted representative, be present during templating to agree all relevant details such as overhang, joints, and height of splash backs.
Advice can also be given at this point with regard to any alterations and/or additional work that would need to be carried out before the new worktops can be fitted.
Unless specified, we reserve the right to use our own judgement regarding all overhangs In the event that you or a trusted representative is not present we will use our best endeavours to template but take no responsibility whatsoever for any misinterpretations or accept no responsibility if these are later found to be unacceptable.
Sheffield Solid Surfaces – Standard Terms and Conditions
You can email changes for review but you may need to approve these in email or in person at our showroom. If this is not possible we can make arrangements for our fitters to re-visit but this will be at an extra cost to you and may delay your fitting date.
In order for us to process and manufacture projects as efficiently and accurately as possible, it is essential the following points are addressed and if needed then carried out prior to us templating on site. Please spare time to review these considerations applying more specifically to kitchen units, fittings, appliances and accessories:
- Kitchen Units & Worktops
- Splashbacks, Upstands & Hob Splashbacks
- Overhangs, Sub frame & Support Requirements d) Gas or Electric Hobse) Sinks
- Repairing Solid Surface Materials
We apply our professional experience and judgement whilst templating but take no responsibility whatsoever for any misinterpretations if any conditions are not met.
- a) Kitchen Units & Worktops
- All surfaces/carcasses to be templated must be complete, flat and level. The final level of the worktops can only be as good as the level of the units supporting them.
- All units that are to have Corian Quartz and Granite worktops must be well constructed, fixed together and be fully fitted. This includes end panels or other additions to the main units.
- We accept no liability for problems caused by additions or alterations to the furniture, appliances and accessories after the template stage has taken place.
- Any alterations made by either yourself, kitchen company or fitters after the templates have been made must be amended by you, in person at our showroom. We reserve the right to not accept any alterations given verbally over the phone.
- If replacing existing worktops they must be removed before our arrival to make your templates. This allows the carcasses to be viewed, assessed and advice can then be given if any additional work needs to be carried out before the new worktops could be fixed. We can offer removal of worktops as an extra service so please contact us for prices.
- Any units to be fitted directly on top of the worktops must be fitted after the worktops
(recommended) or on adjustable wall brackets to give adequate clearance. It is not acceptable to leave a gap and expect to slide the worktops under.
- If any walls around the worktops are to be plastered or altered in any way they must be done either before templating or after fitting the worktops.
b) Splashbacks, Upstands & Hob Splashbacks
- Where splash-backs / up-stands are to be fitted we can take no responsibility for the curvature & alignment of the walls. Granite and quartz will not bend therefore there may be gaps behind the splash-backs when fitted. These gaps can easily be filled with painters cork but as we are not painters & decorators we can take no responsibility for filling these gaps.
- Where full height splash backs between worktops and cupboards, or hob splash back between worktops and extractor unit are required, we are unable to make these fit with no gaps.
c) Sheffield Solid Surfaces Standard Terms and Conditions
- A standard overhang is 40mm from the carcass edge with a standard kitchen edge of 18-20mm. This will give a standard overhang of 20-22mm from the door. If you are having a different sized door you will need reconsider your overhang size. This will need to be confirmed prior to templating and varying units may require varying overhang sizes.
- We use the industry standard of moisture resistant MDF in a ladder frame format for the underside of the unit. If you would like us to use a solid surface for underside or overhangs please let us know prior to your quotation.
3)The maximum overhang that we can achieve without additional support is 300mm with 38mm fascias. For larger overhangs we are able to insert steel supports at an additional cost. A minimum of 38mm is required for steel supports.
4) Solid surface materials cannot be used as a structural material and if your project requires this we can discuss options.
If your installation requires fixing materials to a wall it is your responsibility to ensure that the wall is structurally sound. We are able to provide advice or supply appropriate brackets.
Sheffield Solid Surfaces Standard Terms and Conditions
Amount of tolerance is required to fit these items as to avoid damage to the underside of the cupboard or extractor unit. Tolerance for cupboards is usually around 4-5mm and anything up to 60mm for extractor units with curved glass. This is needed to avoid damage to the glass due to any heat expansion. Too tight a fit may crack the glass. Our fitters will try to keep any gaps at the bare minimum to ensure the best fit possible. d) Gas or Electric Hobs
- Gas or electric hobs must be disconnected but available on site on both the template date and fitting date. We have neither the tools, skill set or in some cases required qualifications (such as corgi- gas or electrical NIC or other approved governing body) to undertake any plumbing, gas, electrical, plastering or carpentry work. If you do need the services of any of these trades we will happily give you contact numbers of trained professionals that we recommend. We will also co- ordinate our services with them on your behalf.
- Recessed / flush fitting hobs will be charged at an extra rate to a standard hob cut out. The fitter must be given the booklet / cutting sizes that are required for this make and model. This booklet should be in the box with your hob. We will only use the dimensions given in this booklet unless otherwise instructed by you. We will also need to have your flush fitting hob here at our factory when it is due to be fabricated to ensure a perfect fit. Tolerances given by the manufacturer of around 2-3mm for hobs made with glass are common.
- Heat Precautions as we use acrylic materials hot objects should not be placed directly on the surfaces. If you are pouring boiling water onto a solid surface acrylic sink, always run the cold tap at the same time. Ensure you use the correct size pan for the burner with no overhang of a hot pan exposed to acrylic solid surface which may scorch the material. Avoid placing hot appliances such as slow cookers and steamers over joins to prevent splits. We would recommend a heat proof mat be used when using such items.
This is to avoid damage to the glass due to any heat expansion. Too tight a fit may crack the glass.
We request a disclaimer to be signed on install as Sheffield Solid Surfaces will take no responsibility.
3) We do not include fitting / securing of any hob either gas or electric. d) Sinks
- Belfast/butler sinks must be fixed in position before we can template. When we return to fit your worktops you should make your own arrangements to fix the taps in position as these can be very hard to reach after the Corian Quartz and Granite has been fitted. In some cases joints may be needed behind the sink to enable the tap to be fitted if it is impossible to reach it from under the sink unit.
- Under-mounted sinks must be on site at the template stage. If we are templating and fitting your worktops we will fit any stainless steel under-mounted sink at the fitting stage. This will be bonded to the Corian Quartz and Granite from the underside using either Silicone/resin glue and securing tiles/ blocks or fixing clamps. The choice of method is down to whatever the fitter deems suitable. The bond under the sink should last for many years but there is only a limited 12 month guarantee against any failure of this resin bond. Silicone is used to create a watertight seal from the under sink rim to the chosen material. We cannot guarantee this seal outside of our limited 12 month guarantee.
- We strongly suggest that a small shelf is attached under any sink / waste disposal unit after fitting to take any excess weight. You would need to speak to your kitchen company/fitter or a local joiner to make & fit this for you.
- If you would like an alternative way for the sinks to be attached to the chosen material you may provide a sub top on your unit that is cut out to the size of the sink with an 8mm tolerance for the sink to move forward & backwards and side to side. Our fitter (or call our office) will be able to give you more information/ advice on this at the template stage.
- Under-mounted sinks that are heavy such as pot or ceramic sinks cannot be bonded onto the granite in the same way as lighter stainless steel sinks. It is the customers / kitchen supplier/ kitchen fitters responsibility to fix a shelf to mount the sinks on before templates are made.
Sheffield Solid Surfaces Limited – Standard Terms and Conditions e) Taps
1) We do not include fitting of the tap/s in your price for either the worktops or template & fitting. 2) We are unable to undertake any plumbing work of any kind but we can give you telephone numbers of reputable professional plumbers if needed. 3) Any taps must be disconnected but available on site.
- It is your responsibility to give us all the information on unusual taps/ tap hole sizes. If the tap is any different to standard sizes you should have information / booklet that came with the tap. This must be given to the fitter at the template stage.
- If you neglect to tell us of a tap hole that is needed at the template stage this can be cut on site by the fitters when fitting. This process is not without risk and neither Sheffield Solid Surfaces or our fitters will take responsibility for any damage that occurs. The risk of damage is rare but it can happen if the drill snatches/ snags on the granite.
Sheffield Solid Surfaces Limited – Standard Terms and Conditions
The customer is to provide free uninterrupted access to floor and surface areas during the execution of work. Sheffield Solid Surfaces will undertake any business with the greatest care possible to customer properties but it is recommended that the customer remove all kitchen doors before fitting to avoid any possible damage and allow a clear access route to the point of installation. Likewise, if you have installed new floor surfaces we recommend you take adequate precautions to cover and protect these in the areas we will be required to access.
Customers are responsible for removal of old worktops and adequate support for some sinks unless otherwise agreed. If fitters need to carry out extra works on arrival an extra charge may be incurred, these will be discussed with customer prior to any work being undertaken.
95% of all work that would require cutting and polishing would be completed at our factory to minimise dust, dirt and untidiness at the customers house. Some instances of grinding, cutting and polishing the chosen material at the customers house are unavoidable. Our fitters will make every effort to keep this to a minimum and clean up after themselves but customers should be prepared for this and instruct the fitters where they are able to complete this work if necessary (ie garage, driveway, patio or back garden).
- If any sink, tap or hob has been reconnected after templating they must be disconnected and removed. We have neither the tools, skill set or in some cases required qualifications (such as corgi- gas or electrical NIC or other approved governing body) to undertake any plumbing, gas, electrical, plastering or carpentry work. If you do need the services of any of these trades we will happily give you contact numbers of trained professionals that we recommend. We will also coordinate our services with them on your behalf.
- All electrical, gas and sink fittings to be removed by you or your kitchen fitting company if they interfere in any way with the installation of the new worktops.
- Tiling in areas around the worktops must take place after fixing the worktops.
- In the event of plasterwork or other surface and decor being disturbed during fixing, all making good and subsequent cost to be the clients responsibility.
Sheffield Solid Surfaces Limited – Standard Terms and Conditions
- We have neither the tools nor the skills to undertake any plumbing, gas, electrical, plastering or carpentry work.
- Standing on the finished worktops is to be avoided at all costs. If this happened they may either break or become scratched.
- All work surface levels will follow unit levels.
3) Products and Materials installed
Sheffield Solid Surfaces cannot accept any claims based on the variations apparent in granite as a natural stone. Sheffield Solid Surfaces does not recommend replacing part of a granite worktop as no two pieces of granite are the same.
All granite products are natural products and are therefore subject to colour variation, natural veining, grain and some light, medium or heavy pitting. As granite is a natural material slabs of granite are not totally flat and granite surfaces are not impervious to damage. It is common to find variation between and within slabs of stone from the same quarry. Sheffield Solid Surfaces will always use matching slabs for any adjacent pieces of work in order to ensure consistency as far as possible; however, an exact match cannot always be guaranteed due to variations between and within slabs that are used. It is however unlikely that these variations will be clearly visible to the naked eye. The stone used for an install may vary to a degree in appearance and feel from any sample previously provided to the customer.
All thickness quoted for slabs are nominal and no liability is accepted for reasonable variations of whatsoever nature.
- Solid Surfaces worktop standard thickness is 12mm / 24mm / 30mm / 36 mm / + 12mm
- Granite & quartz worktops standard thickness is 20 mm / 30mm (+/- 2mm)
- Granite & quartz splash-backs standard thickness is 20mm (+/- 2mm)
- Granite is by its nature a very dense and heavy material and weights in excess of 90 kilos per square metre. We therefore will not provide lengths in excess of 3 metres due to the possibility of damage or failure. Sheffield Solid Surfaces therefore reserves the right to add joints were they deem necessary based on our industry experience and professional discretion.
- Joints in Corian are seamless, not invisible, and may be more noticeable dependant on colour. The majority of colours offer inconspicuous joins and we are happy to present these colours to you on request. You will be shown the joins at installation stage so you can follow our guidelines to ensure longevity with your work surface.
- Joints connecting pieces of stone are sealed using epoxy or low modular curing silicone sealant.
- The joints produced generally vary between +/- 2 to 4mm thick, as acceptable to industry standard. This allows for a strong joint whilst still remaining unobtrusive. Whilst Sheffield Solid Surfaces makes every effort to make the joints as even as possible there may occasionally be a slight lip. This must be accepted as normal for granite worktops. Sheffield Solid Surfaces will mix the sealing products for the joints to provide, what they consider, the closest matched colour to your stone.
Sheffield Solid Surfaces can accept no liability for any mark, stains or discolouration on the chosen material, nor any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, misuse, abnormal working conditions, alteration or repair of the goods. No responsibility will be taken by Sheffield Solid Surfaces for any cracks or fissures appearing after installation.
g) Sheffield Solid Surfaces – Standard Terms and Conditions
Repairing Sold Surface materials If a repair is necessary we will need to use the materials from the original batch to ensure colour match. As such we leave ‘off cuts’ and or a chopping board which can be used in such instances.
Please keep them safe. We are unable to replace such off cuts or chopping boards if used for repair as this is an added service and not part of the quote we provide. If you require us to leave additional chopping boards as part of your job we are able to add this to your order when quoting. Where there are no off cuts or matching materials we cannot guarantee an inconspicuous repair. Quotations for repairs of solid surface materials are an estimate based on the description of the damage and an analysis of any images we may have received. We will not know the true cost of the repair till we arrive on site and as such your invoice may reflect these costs.
Please contact us should you have any further questions to that outlined above. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Sheffield Solid Surfaces – Standard Terms and Conditions
PAYMENT – Supply and Fit
- To confirm your template date appointment a standard deposit of £250.00 (or £500.00 on quotes over £5,500) is required from the customer on acceptance of order. Failure to pay will result in a cancelled appointment.
- Once the template file has been returned to the office, it will be checked and if there are any major discrepancies between what has been quoted and what has been templated then you will be informed immediately by email of any additional charges that may occur.
- We will need written confirmation in an email that you agree to the extra charges before fabrication will commence and the payment made at this stage.
- A 75% deposit MUST be paid after your check measure template failure to pay will result in the fabrication not proceeding and could cause delays in the fitting process.
- Please note Sheffield Solid Surfaces DOES NOT accept liability for any delays caused by waiting for confirmation back.
- Please note that by paying your 75% deposit, you are agreeing to us manufacturing what we have templated.
- The signing of template sheets, supercedes anything that has been agreed and signed for on this order confirmation.
- Any changes made after templating are not the responsibility of Sheffield Solid Surfaces and any extra cost incurred by these changes is the responsibility of the customer. These include (but aren’t limited to) changes to worktop plans, dimensions, sinks, taps and hob cut-outs kitchen positions.
- The remaining final payment is required on completion of installation, our fitters will contact the office to confirm all paper work is signed off, a staff member will contact you for payment.
- Payment Details Lloyds Bank Sort Code: 30-96-26 Account number: 46368460 payment can be made via cash, electronic bank transfer, card machine (we don’t accept AMEX). Regrettably, cheques can no longer be accepted.
- All material supplied remains the property of Sheffield Solid Surfaces Ltd until full and final payment has been settled in full.
- LATE PAYMENTS Sheffield Solid Surfaces limited reserves the right to charge interest on overdue amounts (whether before or after any judgement) at the rate of 3% above the Bank of England minimum lending rate (or if there is no rate 3% above the Royal Bank of Scotland) ruling on the last date on which payment must be made.
Terms and Conditions for Online orders of Sinks, Taps and Accessories.
‘Condition’ means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out below, including any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by us.
‘Contract’ means any contract for Goods made between you and the Company
‘Goods’ means the packaged products or services which we shall supply in accordance with these Conditions
‘We’ means Sheffield Solid Surfaces at Unit A4 Stevenson Way, Attercliffe, Sheffield, S9 3WZ
‘You’ means the customer seeking to purchase the Goods from us and ‘You’ shall be construed accordingly.
2)Pricing & Offers
● Our team at Sheffield Solid Surfaces work hard to ensure that prices listed and technical specification information is accurate at the time of writing. However we are entitled to make amendments to the price to take into account any increase in our supplier’s prices or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been confirmed. In this unlikely event, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies at any time.
● Please note that your computer may display old cached pages from our site which are stored in your own computer’s memory from previous visits – it is important you refresh your browser when viewing any pages on our web site to see the current prices and goods available. Any price changes will be advised and agreed prior to accepting your order.
● Sheffield Solid Surfaces reserve the right to withdraw an offer, whether voucher code or reduced price, at any time without prior notice.
● Discount codes and additional vouchers are not available to use on orders where Finance or any other finance based payment method is chosen. Please note that any reference to Free Delivery* is Free Standard Delivery, usually provided by DPD as a 3-5 day service from item shipping.
● Security is our number one priority. Our commitment to this will remain prominent for the future. Your credit card details are sent to the bank’s secure servers whilst the order is processed, through stripe secure payments. No card data is saved and is not visible by any member of staff.
● Our web server uses Stripe, an independent third party organisation that provides you with proof that our secure web server is genuine. At no point are your credit card details sent over using an unsecured connection. Although some customers may be eligible to receive remarketing messages based on their browsing activity, this is intended to help those customers find the products they want more easily. These emails are sent via a cookie-based opt-in system by a third party, we do not collect or store any email addresses.
● If you receive any emails you are not interested in receiving, please click ‘unsubscribe’.
4)Delivery & Collection
● Please note that delivery timetables are best estimates, and may be subject to change as due to seasonality, weather and other non-specified factors. All prices include VAT. For orders containing multiple items, you will be charged one fee based on the collective weight of your order.
● The postal systems we use should result in your order arriving within 3-7 days, however please allow upto 14 days before reaching out to our team.
● Our deliveries are usually handled by DPD or on larger orders, one of our pallet courier partners. Once collected from our dispatch warehouse, all orders are the responsibility of those drivers and staff. We are unfortunately unable to give any special delivery instructions to drivers e.g. leaving products with neighbours or in sheds. Nor are we responsible for any delays the couriers or delivery companies experience. In instances where goods go missing, we have to allow 60 days in order for us to be able to successfully claim from the carrier.
● During delivery, we recommend a visual inspection of your order on arrival for any obvious damages, and to ensure that all products ordered are present. You are not expected to check every item before signing for or accepting the delivery.
● Once you receive your items, please do not store them away for later inspection, as if any goods received are damaged, faulty or incomplete, you must notify us within 24 hours of delivery via email or telephone (found at the bottom of our site), quoting your order number for reference.
● Please open each box and check thoroughly for damages. If we are notified within the given time frame, we will then organise a collection and replacement. In any situations in which customers have adhered to terms and conditions, yet have received goods that are incorrectly supplied or damaged in transit, Sheffield Solid Surfaces will replace goods free of charge in this case our aim will be to get your replacement item/items to you the next day after the faulty item is collected (usually by DPD). Please note that in some cases, a courier will refuse to collect and we will be unable to organise a collection.
● Upon signing, responsibility for these products passes on to you, and any risk of damage or loss is assumed by the purchaser. We are not responsible for any goods received or unpacked by anyone other than the purchaser, so please ensure that person is present to check and sign for the goods at the supplied delivery address.
● Please do not fit any damaged goods, as we will be unable to replace or refund damaged items which have been installed. If you find your goods are damaged, please get in touch with us within 24 hours of delivery and we’ll do our best to help.
● All damaged goods, wherever possible, must be returned in their original packaging. For international buyers, we cannot be responsible for any postage cost if the item is found to be faulty or damaged. In instances of international orders, product guarantees which depend on British manufacturing standards or assume the end user has a British Standard water system are no longer applicable.
● Please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred due to errors made by the purchaser during checkout, for example entering incorrect address details, so please ensure all information is correct before processing your order.
● If you fail to take delivery on the date agreed, then we reserve the right to charge for any subsequent deliveries.
● We advise against booking any installers, or engaging in preparatory work until full receipt and inspection of your goods, and will not be liable for any tradesperson costs, consequential loss or compensation in any way. Delivery timescales are given as estimates in good faith, but cannot be taken as precise or exact information.
● We will not be liable for any plumber’s costs, consequential loss or compensation in any way.
● If an ordered item is out of stock our team will contact you via your provided details, with an estimated timescale for delivery of the item. These are dates estimated by our suppliers, and are subject to change. We will confirm when an item is back in stock via either telephone or email, and then action can be made for your chosen delivery method.
● In line with the above please ensure you provide correct and up to date details when making your order or our team will not be able to contact you. Sheffield Solid Surfaces are not reliable for late or undelivered goods if contact with the customer is unsuccessful.
● If goods are ordered over the weekend or bank holiday, please be aware that the order date is taken as the next available working day for delivery purposes.
● When goods are collected from the dispatch warehouse they become the responsibility of the designated courier. We cannot be held responsible for any delay’s that the courier experiences.
● For standard pallet deliveries, the responsibility of disposing of delivery packaging materials, such as pallets lies with the customer.
● All unwanted goods must be returned unused and in their original packaging. We cannot refund goods that have been damaged whilst in your possession.
● We are not responsible for any return costs for unwanted items, you will need to arrange for the shipping yourself and ensure their safe return using a tracked or guaranteed service. Unreceived or damaged goods will not be refunded and it is the responsibility of the customer to claim on their chosen delivery service to gain a refund.
● Unwanted goods are accepted at our discretion and as a show of good faith. If we do accept an unwanted or ‘cancelled’ item it must be sent by the customer to:
Unit A4 Stevenson Way, Attercliffe, Sheffield, S9 3WZ
● The refund will be processed when the item is received by Sheffield Solid Surfaces and quality checked. Items returned will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
6)Warranty And Liability
● Most products available from Sheffield Solid Surfaces are supplied with a 12 months manufacturer’s warranty, however some manufacturers offer extended warranties on their products and this will be indicated on the product details page.
● Please note that all orders placed through our website or phone system are subject to Sheffield Solid Surfaces accepting said order, at which point a contract is formed between both parties and the goods are dispatched. Title and ownership of goods will pass to the customer on delivery. Point of accepting the order is considered to be the point of process, picking and packaging at the warehouse or distribution location.
● By ordering from us without requesting install services we take no liability for incorrectly installed products, damages or harm resulting from install, use or attempted DIY/ tradesperson install.
● All pictures on our website are the best indication we can give of the original item, as supplied by the manufactures and are for illustration purposes only. All images are displayed with the manufacturers/suppliers permission.
● On occasion the manufacturer may make small changes to the design of a product, due to this, the item/items you receive may have small differences to the picture displayed on the website. The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors, we recommend having seen the colour in person to ensure satisfaction with the item/items received.
● All products are subject to stock availability at the time of ordering. While every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown are in stock we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer of sale.
● All prices stated include VAT at 20%.
● The Contract and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
● Any notice required or permitted is to be given by either party to the other under the Conditions these shall be in writing and addressed to the other party and delivered to the address provided at the time the order is confirmed or any subsequent or alternative address which one party may notify to the other from time to time.
● The terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights. As our terms and conditions vary for our worktop/kitchen services & our online item sales it is the customer’s responsibility to refer to the correct section and adhere to the necessary and relevant terms & conditions.
● These terms are in addition to the Sheffield Solid Surfaces Limited – Standard Terms and Conditions laid out above.